Wiltshire SMEs can learn how to unleash growth potential through digital technology
Small and medium sized businesses across Wiltshire are benefiting from fully-funded business support to learn how to use technology to make their businesses more competitive in a digital age.
The Superfast Business service is hosting two free events in May to help Wiltshire businesses explore the opportunities that digital technology and faster broadband present and how to use them to enhance their business performance.
The events aim to provide businesses with the knowledge they need to use technology for digital marketing, improved productivity, implementation of flexible working arrangements or better customer service.
The Your Digital Business events on Wednesday and Thursday, May 21 and 22 offer a series of interactive workshops examining key market trends, demystifying the jargon of the digital world, showcasing the latest in online marketing techniques and providing practical examples of the ways in which technology is delivering better, smarter business.
Paul O’Collins, head of innovation at Business West said: The Superfast Business service is all about helping businesses become aware of how digital technology can improve their business, in particular how new applications and technologies can help them operate more competitively, manage costs more effectively and grow more quickly.
“Through the Superfast Business service, businesses across rural Wiltshire can learn about the tools to help them compete in local, national and global markets.”
“We are urging businesses with strong growth potential to visit the Superfast Business website and register to find out more about the service – it has the potential to revolutionise the way they operate.”
Businesses can register to attend Your Digital Business for the following dates and locations:
- Wednesday 21 May 2014, Salisbury (Mercure White Hart Hotel, 1 St John Street) 10am to 3.15pm
- Thursday 22 May 2014, Royal Wootton Bassett (Marsh Farm Hotel) 10am to 3.15pm
Businesses attending the event can take their pick from a selection of interactive workshops:
– Being mobile: tablets and mobile by Neil Watkins from Viper Marketing
– Getting the most from Social Media by Kate Doodson from Cosmic IT
– Getting the most out of your IT infrastructure by Andy Platts from Jireh
– Google Analytics: Andy Poulton from Enterprise Online Marketing Solutions
– Effective Web Design: Kate Doodson from Cosmic IT (21 May) and Carolyn Anderson from MediaTube (22 May)
– Remote working: Peter Quintata, High Growth Knowledge Company (21 May only)
– Maximising your return from digital marketing: Al Keck from Toinfinity (22 May only)
There is no charge for attending but eligibility criteria apply and booking is essential. Businesses can book online at www.superfastbusiness.co.uk/digital-wiltshire, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0845 603 8593.
In addition to the events programme, eligible small businesses in Wiltshire can also access fully-funded one-to-one support from an expert Superfast Business adviser to guide them in choosing the right technologies to meet their business goals.
Businesses can access a wealth of information and advice via the Superfast Business ‘Knowledge Hub’ at www.superfastbusiness.co.uk where they will find a rich library of guides, top tips and the latest thinking from industry experts on digital technologies and opportunities for business.