SETsquared launches masterclasses for health and life sciences sector at Porton Down
Health and life sciences businesses in Swindon and Wiltshire can access training and expertise as a series of masterclasses is launched by training provider SETsquared at Porton Science Park near Salisbury.
Funded by the Porton Science Park Business Hub with European Regional Development Funds, the masterclasses will be delivered as a mix of online and face-to-face sessions.
The three and four-hour masterclasses will cover the following topics:
- Understand how to navigate the NHS ecosystem
- Grant funding – write a powerful grant bid
- Intellectual Property – build your IP strategy
- Social Value – learn how to design a high-impact response to Government tenders
- Sustainability Policies – create a sustainability policy for your business
- Becoming tender ready – create a strategy to build business with the public sector
- Impact Leadership – new perspectives, knowledge, and tools to grow your leadership skills and capabilities
Emma Carpenter, senior development officer, economy and regeneration, at Wiltshire Council, said: “Health and life sciences are core economic sectors in Swindon and Wiltshire.
“To ensure that they continue to grow and thrive, we want to ensure that the right business support is in place.
“Driven by our long-term strategy to become a world-class cluster, Porton Science Park is creating a thriving hub for the sector and is, therefore, the ideal base to deliver this training.
“We urge businesses in this sector and region to get involved and benefit from this training as well as open up opportunities for collaboration and growth across the sector.”
SETsquared is the enterprise collaboration between six research-intensive universities Bath, Bristol, Cardiff, Exeter, Southampton, and Surrey. It has already provided high-quality training to over 90 businesses in the Swindon and Wiltshire region.
Details of the masterclasses can be found at https://www.setsquared.co.uk/programme/porton-down-masterclasses/
New £9.9 million Collaborative Innovation Centre at Porton Science Park begins to take shapeRead more