arrow_back_ios Back View more articles
Peter Jones of HR Dept

HR Dept gets pat on the back for excellent service

The team behind leading independent human resources consultancy HR Dept are celebrating after clients gave them top marks in their annual survey.

Feedback from clients of HR Dept Swindon, North Wiltshire and East Cotswolds was outstanding, with comments including “they listen to our needs”, “professional advice”, and “saves time”.

One client said: “I feel that they know our little business and its ups and downs very well.”

Clients agreed 100 per cent that the HR Dept – which offers fully retained and ad hoc HR services to SMEs – was excellent value for money.

Some 75 per cent rated the quality of advice as excellent, with the remaining 25 per cent rating it as good.

Similarly, 75 per cent ‘strongly agreed’ that having the HR Dept on hand gave them peace of mind, while 25 per cent saying they ‘agreed’.

Some 75 per cent said they had received proactive support from the HR Dept team; 75 per cent said they were satisfied with the service, and 25 per cent said it exceeded expectations.

When asked what they valued most from the HR Dept, clients cited the team’s skills set; their expertise in compliance; the speed and reactiveness of the service offered; and having access to one-to-one advice.

Peter Jones, managing director of HR Dept Swindon, North Wiltshire and East Cotswolds, which is this year is marking its 15th anniversary, said he was delighted with the feedback.

“We conduct a client survey every year and we are delighted with the results,” he said. “We pride ourselves on doing an excellent job for our clients, whether they need us on an ongoing basis or for project work, and to have this feedback confirms we are getting it right.”

HR Dept, based in Swindon, helps clients with everything from creating employment documentation and keeping it updated, to advising on complicated HR and employment law issues, to designing appraisal systems, pay benchmarking and staff surveys.

The team work with businesses across Swindon, Chippenham, Hungerford, Marlborough, Calne, Devizes, Burford, Lechlade and Carterton.

Peter added: “What our clients appreciate is our specialist knowledge and the wide range of help we can offer them.

“Ours is a small, independent team and we are able to really get to know our clients and their businesses, so we can be proactive with our support as well as be on hand to help when an issue arises.”

For more information about the HR Dept Swindon, North Wiltshire and East Cotswolds, visit

HR and recruitment company the HR Dept doubles headcount as business booms

Read more


Swindon’s the HR Dept in running for SME business of the year award

Read more


Should you give employees time off to watch the World Cup?

Read more


Should staff be given time off for the King’s coronation?

Read more


Nine to five or 24/7? What do employee side hustles mean for your SME business?

Read more


Right to Work Checks – changes are coming from October 1

Read more


Who is taking important documents home in your business?

Read more


Recruitment crisis? Here’s how to help fill staff vacancies

Read more